- Apples: Tasty and healthy
- Apple varieties - a small product
- Apples - enjoyable at any time of the day
Over 30 vitamins and trace elements, 100 to 180 milligrams of potassium and many other valuable minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, magnesium or iron carries an average sized apple in and under its shell. He consists of 85 percent water and has only about 60 kilocalories. It is good for teeth and intestines, grape and fructose provide fast energy.
20,000 apple varieties worldwide
The statisticians know it once again: 19.1 kilos of that fruit, which led to the Trojan War as a golden bone of contention, every German eats every year. 7.6 liters of apple juice run annually through German throats. Worldwide there are 20,000 apple varieties, but only a fraction, about 1,000, grow in Germany. And only four common apple varieties cover around 70 percent of the European apple market. Around 597,000 tonnes of apples were harvested in 2017 in the Federal Republic.
The Romans introduced large-scale apple cultivation, as we know it today, because they mastered the art of grafting, a method of refinement. Originally from Asia, probably the Caucasus and Himalayas. Since the 6th century, apples have been deliberately grown in Central Europe; since the 16th century, the apple then became an asset and in the 19th century began the targeted breeding.
Apples have a high nutritional value
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Translated, this well-known saying is about "An apple a day - doctor saved!". In fact, there is a lot of nutritional value in the fruit with the misleading Latin name "Malus", to German evil, suffering and evil.
The apple contains more than 30 minerals and trace elements, especially potassium, which regulates the water balance, and iron. Due to the many different fruit acids, it is considered a so-called "toothbrush of nature".
What he is good at: he regulates bowel movements. It contains important vitamins like:
- Provitamin A
- Vitamins B1, B2, B6, E and C
- Niacin and folic acid
Positive effects on health
An important ingredient is the pectin, which is the cholesterol lowers, binds pollutants and flooded again.
In addition, scientific research indicates that apple cutlets are less common Bronchial and lung diseases To suffer. This is attributed to the secondary plant substances in the apple, the so-called catechins.
The flavonoids and carotenoids contained in the fruit seem that cancer risk to mitigate and have one antioxidant effect in the organism.
Vitamins sit in the shell
Up to 70 percent of an apple's vitamins are in or just below apple peel. Who peels apples, so also peels off the vitamins. The shell is also rich in iron, magnesium, unsaturated fats and bioactive substances.
Between 5 and 35 milligrams of vitamin C - depending on the variety - are in the shell. And even that cored is still valuable: it contains iodine.
Important for apple tree owners: Fruits that hang in the sun contain significantly more vitamins than those that grow in the shade. Thanks to the abundant vitamins in the apple, this can also be suitable as part of a diet.
5 facts about apples - © rawpixel
Apples: heavily sprayed fruit
Here you bite into the proverbial sour apple. Fungal diseases such as apple scab or apple powdery mildew and parasites such as the codling moth, are a significant contributor to Braeburn, Gala, Golden Delicoius, Jonagold, Granny Smith and all other relatives.
For a secured yield, fruit growers often only have a handle on chemical products. According to information from the Centrale Marketing-Gesellschaft der deutschen Agrarwirtschaft (CMA), "any residues remain well below the specified limits".
By simple Wash with water and Rub off with a towel It is easy to eliminate large parts of environmental contaminants from the air, as well as residues from pest and disease control.
Organic apples - free of pesticides
If you want to be absolutely sure you should opt for organic apples. In organic farming, the use of synthetic pesticides is prohibited. Fungal diseases may, however, be combated with copper and sulfur preparations.
Beneficial agents or attractants replace the control of harmful insects by insecticides.
The apple is an old home remedy
And what a thing! The apple is used as a home remedy in the following cases:
- The apple is the Home remedies at Diarrhea, if you eat a raw, grated apple.
- Cider vinegar soothes Throat and pharyngitis, if you drink 1 glass of hot water, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in sips.
- Or you eat a roasted apple with honey - helps Hoarseness.
- Preventing an apple at bedtime Sleep disorders.
- An apple in the morning helps with Waking up.
- morning sickness in the morning is avoided by eating an apple before getting up.
- who nervous is, should prepare apple teas: sliced an unpeeled apple, doused with a liter of boiling water and infused for two hours, resulting in an apple fruit tea.
- For one pure and delicate skin if you try the apple mask: A peeled apple is grated and mixed with a little honey, leave the mixture to act for up to 20 minutes and wash gently.
- And last but not least - the apple cleans the teeth: The apple with its fruit acids and fiber has a strong cleaning effect on the teeth and therefore works for the teeth cleaning in between as good as a chewing gum.