- Why drinking is so important
- Right and drink enough
Many of us worry about the diet, but rarely take their drinking habits under the microscope. Wrong: most adults drink too little per day. Who waits for the thirst for a drink until he has something, often already has a fluid deficit. Humans can survive for about a month without food, but no more than five to seven days without drinking. Therefore, for our health, proper and adequate drinking during the day is at least as important as the right diet. Thirst arises when the body has lost more than 0.5 percent of its weight in the form of water.
Drink 2 liters of water a day
Water is a tasteless and odorless, transparent clear and colorless liquid consisting of two hydrogen atoms (H) and one oxygen atom (O). The human body is about two-thirds of water. Water serves as a means of transport for example blood, urine and sweat, on the other hand as a solvent for almost all substances in the cell.
Water also regulates the temperature of the body by depriving the organism of heat by evaporation on the surface of the body (perspiration). Our body excretes large amounts of fluid every day. In order to maintain an optimal liquid level, these losses must be compensated again and again. Part of the fluid requirement is covered by the food. In addition, you should about two Drink 1 liter of water per day.
Water shortage: health at risk
Although the body can compensate for a lack of water by concentration processes to some extent, but then a fluid deficit harms the human organism:
- Since water is also the main constituent of the blood, it can no longer flow properly if we drink too little. The entire body is being supplied worse, the Brain power and ability to concentrate let go.
- Dehydration also increases the risk of kidney stones, urinary tract infections or blockages.
- Skin and mucous membranes also dry up - viruses and bacteria then have an easier time getting into the body.
- Scientific investigations showed that a water loss of already two percent of the body weight the capacity significantly impaired.
Warning signs in case of lack of fluid
If there is a fluid deficit, the body will sound the alarm - so you should go to the following Warning signs of the body hear: